GTH Holds Inaugural Board Meeting
The Global Transportation Hub Authority (GTHA) Board of Directors – the team of experts brought together to lead the development of the Global Transportation Hub – is holding its first meeting in Regina today.
“We have assembled a diverse group of men and women with impeccable credentials in transportation logistics and international trade,” GTHA Chair Wayne Elhard said. “With people whose names are instantly recognized in the international business community, the Global Transportation Hub (GTH) vision will quickly become a reality.”
When fully developed, the GTH will comprise a major Western Canadian transportation and logistics centre. The GTH will stimulate provincial economic development by providing enhanced and more efficient access to global supply chains for Saskatchewan exporters and attract new investment.
The Board’s mandate is to plan, develop, construct, operate and manage the Global Transportation Hub. In addition to Elhard, Board members include:
• Captain Gordon Houston (Vice Chair), Former President and CEO of Port Metro Vancouver;
• Mayo Schmidt, President and CEO of Viterra;
• Louis Ranger, Former Deputy Minister, Transport Canada;
• Marcella Szel, Q.C., Former VP, Marketing and Sales, Canadian Pacific Rail;
• Lionel LaBelle, President and CEO, Saskatchewan Trade and Export Partnership; and
• Ron Dedman, Deputy Minister, Government Services, Government of Saskatchewan.